JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Communications: Applicant must possess excellent oral and verbal communications skills. The incumbent must be able to professionally interact with co-workers and supervisors in order to convey a high level of technical ideas, procedures, and instructions efficiently and effectively.
- Initiative/Follow-Through: Applicant must have excellent self-study skills to develop and maintain an understanding of new technologies, must be self motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to work as a team member in a group environment for the completion of design tasks, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field) required.
Experience with web development technologies including MVC frameworks, AJAX/JSON frameworks (jQuery preferred, DWR/Prototype ok), Relational Databases (PostgreSQL preferred, MySQL) is required. Experience with web development debugging Tools (Firebug, Web Developer Toolbar) is also required.
- Related Experience: This Software Engineer is an entry-level position, which may include up to 2 years of experience.
Experience with test-driven development techniques is required to ensure software is designed with testability as a key design requirement is preferred.
Knowledge of management and API protocols such as SNMP, REST, XML, SOAP and architecture of highly scalable EMS systems is preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel Expectations: No travel is expected for this position.
- Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data for reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The Software Engineer will be a member of a team responsible for designing, analyzing requirements, developing, implementing, unit testing, debugging, and maintaining software solutions for ADTRAN’s Wireless LAN products including but not limited to the following: web application development using MVC frameworks , database development, system software architecture, software test development, and customer assistance.
This Software Engineer is an entry level position where the work is primarily focused on the development or improvement of actual products or designs. Assignments are designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. Requires ability to perform Software Engineering tasks for a major project or for projects of moderate complexity with limited direction.
This Software Engineer is an entry-level position where the work is primarily focused on learning and developing professional concepts within software engineering. Assignments are designed to establish professional work knowledge and abilities. Entry-level Engineers will normally receive detailed instructions on assignments and will follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May design or assist in the design and implement of Wireless LAN management software including new features and maintenance and enhancement of existing products.
- May perform or assist in feasibility studies of needed software development.
- May document the design including features definition and provisioning models.
- May conduct and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- May plan and perform unit and system level testing of implemented software modules and enhancements. May also include developing automation frameworks.
- Help fix software bugs found during all testing phases and bugs identified in the field.
- Other projects or duties as required for the development of new innovation and design.
- May organize and coordinate development activities within schedule and product constraints.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
Adtran - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard