As a member of the engineering team your responsibilities will include:
Things we expect from our game server engineers:
- Bringing game features to life from idea to implementation.
- Design and implementation of core game server features.
- Design and implementation of persistence solutions for game servers.
- Diagnosing and fixing bottlenecks, tuning and tweaking of server code.
- Validation and stress testing of game servers. Tuning of game server code for performance and scalability.
Additional experience we love to see in our server engineering candidates:
- 5 or more years of experience developing backend software
- A deep understanding of computers and computer programming.
- A commitment to writing testable code and accompanying tests.
- Lots of experience with databases of all kinds, with different ways of hooking them up to applications, and with database tools.
- An understanding of modern web application architecture. You should know what REST means. You should know what an HTTP request and response look like.
- Strong understanding of computer networking in general, including knowledge of live deployments and the hardware and software that make it happen.
- A strong foundation in Unix/Linux. You should be able to hop onto a box and tell us what's running and how well it's running.
- Experience with scaling applications from a single machine to a large deployment.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB/Cassandra/Redis/etc)
- Experience with asynchronous programming tools and frameworks (esp.
- An understanding of cloud deployments, especially with Amazon's Web Services.
- We generally love to see that you have a curiosity about the wonderful and ever-changing world of distributed computer applications.
Forshay - 2 years ago
Forshay is creating a new work model where people and companies thrive together. We cultivate great thinking on the future of work, and how...