Posting Job Title: Oracle/SQL Developer
Requisition #: 146030BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Developer/Analyst for our Shared Services Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The qualified developer candidate will be responsible for Time Warner Cable's incentive compensation application's functional and technical analysis, responsible for full development life cycle from gathering requirements and creating technical specifications through application development, testing cycles (unit, SIT, UAT), projects, troubleshooting, and production support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide coding expertise in coding database functions and stored procedures and packages using PL/SQL.
- Work with business partners to understand complex compensation plan requirements and translate them
into solutions that carefully consider reporting needs, usability, and system performance.
- Oracle Incentive Compensation (OIC) is a core part of the application. Will configure plan elements to accurately calculate commissions in OIC.
- Work closely with other business analysts, DBA's, testers, operations, and technical infrastructure team
members as required on design, problem resolution, and release processes.
- Provide technical development and ongoing support of the interfaces between OIC and the other Oracle
eBusiness Suite modules is a plus.
- Help develop data conversions, interfaces and reports.
- Write unit and integration test plans.
- Provide technical expertise on daily production problems and help the production support team in identifying bugs and fixing them.
- Work with users to do User Acceptance Testing for all implementations including bug fixes.
- Participate in sessions with business users for validating and training on new OIC & Oracle Apps functionality.
- Working knowledge in PL/SQL, SQL*plus, workflow.
- Ability to interact with functional users and business analysts to gather requirements.
- Ability to analyze user requests and recommend feasible solution(s).
- Ability to write technical design specifications and documentation.
- Ability to perform application development, problem analysis, and debugging.
- Work independently or as part of a team and to handle multiple projects required.
- Experience is required in development lifecycle, data conversion and interfaces using eBusiness Suite tools.
- Understanding of CRM Resource manager and Resource Group-based crediting of sales transactions.
- Strong experience in developing inbound and outbound custom interfaces.
- Proven experience with user training and client support required.
- Thorough knowledge of software development, upgrades, customization, and superior technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player approach required.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Reports, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in implementing OIC is plus.
- Should have worked in packaged and custom software deployments and understand the tasks and
- Knowledge of Oracle HR, Oracle Workflow and XML publisher a plus.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and
Yes, Travel % minimal 5% if needed
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...