You will contribute to the design and implementation of our online classroom software stack, working to deliver seven-week Mongo classes to tens of thousands of students around the globe. Students will enroll in Mongo courses, enabled by software you write, with in-browser quizzing and online programming assignments, graded programmatically.
Nice to haves
- Help design the core user interactions for online classes delivered through web and mobile.
- Design and develop the back-end code for registering students, delivering video content, quizzing, grading of programming assignments, reporting on student progress and communicating with students.
- Design and implement the datastore for courses and student progress (in Mongo of course!)
- Design and develop web and mobile sites to integrate with the backend courseware stack.
- Build workflow tools for processing content, integrating quizzes and programming assignments.
- Innovate and experiment with pedagogical techniques for online learning.
- Excited about the revolution going on in free online education and are eager to contribute by educating the world on MongoDB.
- Experienced with Python and MongoDB.
- Smart and get things done.
- A graduate of a top engineering or computer science program or have the experience to prove that it does not matter.
- Interested in learning new things.
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies.
- Comfortable testing and providing support for the code you write.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and other platforms for developing large scale apps.
- Excited about 10gen's mission and core database technology.
- Fun to work with and excited to work in a meritocracy where great work gets noticed.
10gen - 17 months ago