We are looking for an exceptional DevOps/Systems Engineer to become lead membes of our Development Operations team . This new and exciting team will be responsible for the deployment and operations support of Progress’ cloud applications. This is a highly visible position that manages how our products are delivered to our customers and run in the cloud. Some of the activities include:
- Define and automate the deployment process for the cloud applications
- Design the operational architecture and define the operational processes
- Implement scaling and monitoring services to ensure the application is running properly and effectively.
- Automate upgrade and maintenance in accordance with defined processes
- Troubleshoot critical customer issues with regard to the cloud services operations
- Assist with implementing security control to meeting compliance requirement
- Research various cloud solutions and integrate them into our deployments as enhancement.
Desired skills include:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field and 5 years experience in Product Operations, Product release, development, QA and/or support. In the alternative, will accept a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of experience as described.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of software development processes and lifecycle especially with regarding to SaaS delivery.
- Prior experience in cloud application deployment and operations
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system admin and network infrastructure management with excellent scripting experience. Additional language such as Ruby, Chef or Puppet is a plus.
· Prior experience with security compliance such as SSAE16 or SOC 2 is a strong plus
· Prior experience working with Amazon AWS/EC2 or other cloud service provider and/or cloud lifecycle management is a strong plus
· Experience with virtualization technology such as VMWare is desired.