Responsible for the design and implementation of new software and the maintenance of existing software. Normally serves the role of Lead Software Engineer on one or more projects.
Works under the supervision of a technical lead and/or Development Manager. May perform the role of Lead Engineer, responsible for directing the technical efforts of one or more Software Engineers. Responsible for all technical aspects of projects of small to moderate size.
• Creates and maintains software to support the Company’s lines of business.
• Documents software design.
• Reviews requirements and specifications provided by Business Analysts.
• Reviews test cases created by Quality Assurance Engineers.
• Writes deployment scripts and provides detail documentation for deploying and supporting software.
• Provides technical support to operations.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
More than five years experience working as a software engineer. Experience designing and implementing software using established design patterns. Experience working with Quality Assurance and business analyst teams to deliver quality software on time. Extensive experience with HTML, XML and related technologies. Experience with database design and SQL.
Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for developing software. Familiar with state of the art techniques for developing quality software including peer reviews and unit testing. Demonstrated ability working as a technical team member. Good verbal and written communication skills. Competent in 2 or more programming languages.
ICW Group is a full-service group of companies, also providing claims, safety services, and loss control services.