Requirement: Due to the security requirements for this particular opening, the applicant must be a United States Citizen.
In this role, you will work as a Software Developer and join a leading-edge team to extend and enhance the wide range of services provided by our service infrastructure. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a Cloud-based solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. And this service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
- Key player in a small team working with customers and our support organization to help sustain the archiving product in all areas--including web services, application functionality, data management framework, system, infrastructure, and tools.
- Plan, analyze, design, implement, test, maintain, and support multi-tiered enterprise applications in a cloud-computing environment (including analyzing problems and releasing patches/fixes as necessary)
- Produce scalable, robust, high-quality code in an Agile environment
- Strong communication skills to ensure we continue to meet out industry leading customer satisfaction
- Minimum three to five years industry experience delivering industrial-strength, commercial software with demonstrated technical expertise in a OO language (C#/Java/C++)
- Excellent foundational understanding of distributed systems, concurrent programming with threads, high-availability, web services, and complex data architectures
- A strong command of advanced OO concepts/methodologies
- Experience with integrated software engineering processes (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous build, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work in an operationally critical, diverse and dynamic environment
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) to access Microsoft Exchange Server is a plus
- Previous experience creating security, email, archiving, eDiscovery, and/or storage products
- Knowlege of Exchange a definite benefit
- Experience with Database programming (MySQL a strong plus)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Exposure to JUnit test environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages and approaches
- Experience with Windows Development and Technologies