The Software Engineer, Test Automation works with members of the R&D organization and is responsible for developing automation strategy, automation test plans and the execution of those plans for each release. The desired candidate should possess knowledge of commonly used automation test concepts, practices, and procedures. This individual is responsible for maintaining and improving the automation design framework, for creating automation test plans, and for developing (primarily using .NET, C# and Java) scripts in a fast-paced environment. Travel might happen only on rare occasions.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Create, execute & report on automation test plans;
- Maintain and improve the automation framework used by the automation team;
- Maintain automation test scripts for assigned products;
- Review change requests, analyze impact to development cycle, and implement necessary changes to accommodate requests;
- Coordinate and plan script hand off and training;
- Assist with automation execution as needed;
- Work with teams to resolve automation run time and script problems;
- Create and maintain datasets and database environments required for automation tests;
- Maintain automation hardware and software license inventory;
- Participate in regular reviews of the project and provide regular project updates to quality assurance management;
- Review automation scripts as required;
- Works with minimal or no supervision.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical engineering degree, or equivalent industry experience and/or education;
- 3+ years of Test Automation experience;
- Proficient in automation tools, with a focus on the Selenium, Ranorex and .NET;
- Strong .NET/Java development skills required;
- Must be proficient with automation processes and practices;
- Proficient in building automation environments including: installing hardware, installing operating systems, installing automation tools, configuring hardware and network configuration & troubleshooting;
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems and concepts as well as make decisions based on given input;
- Successful completion of Verint background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification;
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Understands the Agile development framework with emphasis in the Scrum methodologies;
- 1 + year of experience working in a Scrum team;
- Ability to work with multiple product teams;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized person, ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Verint Systems Inc. - 16 months ago