Are you interested in Big Data technologies? Do you have a strong technical background and a keen interest in topics such as Hadoop, highly scalable databases or distributed systems? Are you interested in leveraging your existing technical knowledge as well as developing new skills in this fast-growing field?
If we’ve captured your attention, great! We’re interested in learning what new experiences you can bring to our growing team. In return we’ll commit to ensuring you learn a thing or two from our in-house experts and that you have the opportunities to explore, learn and work with the latest technologies.
We need talented engineers (of all experience levels) to join our team in developing a visionary next generation recommendation and personalization platform to power our growing arsenal of applications in the Customer Experience market. This is a rare opportunity to contribute from the ground up to the design and implementation of a major greenfield project using the latest and most exciting big data technologies.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented backend software developer who is hungry for contributing, perfection and learning new things. And though you are a perfectionist, you recognize that perfect is the enemy of good.
What do we do?
- We are at the intersection of Big Data, machine learning, distributed systems, human-computer interaction, and analytics.
- We are a Java shop powered by Linux on the backend.
- We run on Hadoop/Hive.
- Our recommendation servers must deliver live results to millions of users every day under strict response-time SLAs
- We like open source, but are not afraid to build our own stuff.
- We’ve been around for a while but this is a start-up environment.
If this all sounds good to you, then take the plunge and let us know that you are interested.
- You are an talented software engineer with 3+ years of experience in Java programming on Spring framework in a Linux environment
- Great problem solving skills
- Have experience working with Rest APIs and with Service Oriented Architecture ? We’ll take it
- You have MySQL experience. No ? Maybe NoSQL ?
- You have solid technical background in computer science or a related discipline.
- You can demonstrate a high level of technical skill in algorithmic design, systems architecture, and systems software implementation.
- You must be a team player.
- You love to build new things, yet are willing and able to dive into other people’s code.
- Above all, you are smart and love to learn