Have a love for building scalable and intuitive software applications? What if you could do it working for a global open source software company with a startup culture? We're looking for someone who can create and refine applications for our internal users across the Liferay organization in the U.S. and other international offices. The candidate must possess creativity, unique ability to learn and apply new technologies, and be able to collaborate as an individual as well as in a team setting. Must also be able to handle constructive criticism and feedback. The ability to play ping pong or foosball may also improve your ability to develop great software.
- Create and maintain an enterprise application marketplace
- Create solutions for business needs on our website
- Create solutions for employees on our intranet
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge required
- Expert in writing enterprise strength Java / J2EE code
- Advanced understanding and experience in Java and OO design
- Expert knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS AS, or Tomcat
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Servlets/JSP, Spring and Hibernate, application performance and performance tuning
- Prior experience with Liferay or other portal solutions a plus
- Demonstrates expert analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Liferay is the leading provider of open source enterprise portal and social collaboration software. We have over 500 employees in 23 countries. We have experienced substantial growth in recent years, with double-digit revenue growth, hundreds of customers, and significant recognition in the software industry. Liferay works with major enterprises worldwide, including Benetton, Cisco Systems, Lufthansa Flight Training, Toyota, World Vision and more.
Liferay was founded for a purpose greater than revenue and profit growth. Each quarter we donate to a number of worthy causes decided upon by our own employees. In the past we have made financial contributions toward AIDS relief and the Sudan refugee crisis through well-respected organizations such as Samaritan's Purse and World Vision. This desire to impact the world community is the heart of our company, and ultimately the reason why we exist.
Competitive compensation package.
Liferay - 30+ days ago