ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more active place. With deep expertise in activity and participant management™, our ACTIVE Works® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. We do this through technology solutions that power the world’s activities, as well as online destinations such as ACTIVE.com® that connect people with the things they love to do. Serving over 50,000 global business customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizers get participants, manage their events and build communities.
ACTIVE Network has received numerous industry accolades over the past decade. Most recently, the San Diego Business Journal named our company among its Best Companies to Work For and just prior to our IPO last year the Wall Street Journal named Active Network on its 'Next Big Thing 2011' list. In previous years, we have been on the Inc. 500, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 500 and Promo 100 lists.
ACTIVE Network is headquartered in San Diego, California and has over 30 offices worldwide. Learn more at ACTIVEnetwork.com or ACTIVE.com and engage with us on Twitter @ACTIVEnetwork, @ACTIVE and on Facebook.
The Active Platform Services team is responsible for building highly configurable, high volume application services that will support multiple market applications as well as core Business Intelligence functions. The position will require a strong software engineering background, experience in all aspects of the SDLC, architectural design leadership, team skills and strong hands-on coding abilities. In addition, the candidate must have good troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and remedy problems. Success in this job depends upon the candidate’s ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, create high quality code, communicate effectively, own issues through to resolution, and find creative solutions to complex problems. The ability to function at a high level in a fast paced environment along with a team of very talented engineers is essential.
- 0 -2 years as a software engineer/developer
- Java/JEE application (servlets, jsp, etc)
- Web service/SOA development
- Strong OOP background
- Experience developing and performance tuning a high volume transaction application
- Excellent verbal and written communications – experience working within large and small teams
- Complete knowledge of all phases of Software Development Cycle
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Expert knowledge of Scrum, and experience working on Scrum teams
- Familiar with Spring IoC, Spring MVC, Spring Webflow
- Experience with any MVC framework
- Knowledge of jQuery
- Experience working with geographically disbursed teams
- Successful projects in both large and small teams
- Experience leading teams
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) company
- Database experience (SQL Server, Oracle)
Characteristics of success at Active:
- Team Player - communicating effectively, successfully presenting solutions while being open to feedback from others
- Passion, defined as the desire to be an integral part of a world-class company delivering world-class products
- Results oriented
- Delivery of highly configurable, elegant solutions
- Delivery of high performance, scalable code
- Delivery of products on time in a fast-paced environment
- Love of clear, elegant, and extensible design and clean, well-documented code
- Finishing with Quality Sense of pride and ownership
The Active Network, Inc - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -