Software Engineer (Python)
We have complex business and IT problems to solve and value creative engineers who find simple, innovative solutions to customers' needs. Our team has deep expertise in multi-threaded programming, network protocols, data formats, and algorithms. We program in both Java and Python, but understand that the very best developers are defined by their intellect and engineering skills, not their experience with specific languages.
If you enjoy solving hard technical problems and want to be involved with "cutting edge" technologies then please contact us!
- Develop a highly-available, distributed Enterprise Cloud Integration platform in Python.
- Being an enthusiastic and proactive member of a team of talented and deeply knowledgeable developers, contribute to the design and implementation of the backend comprising of a Python orchestration data server, Java component container and several resilient distributed services, deployed on Amazon’s Web Services infrastructure
- Proactively contribute to the architectural choices, identify areas for uniquely differentiate our product and delight our customers
- In-depth understanding and appreciation of the concepts of scalability (horizontal and vertical), high availability and application security; ensure that these are always at the forefront of our design decisions, as well as their implementation in code
- Ensure our code base is always testable, extensible and maintainable
- 3+ years experience developing web applications software (Python)
- Working knowledge of deploying applications on Linux systems
- Experience with distributed systems, deployed across heterogeneous architectures and server development.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth expertise with current Python Open Source technologies for Enterprise development
- Passionate about unit testing, integration testing and regression testing; experience with (let alone a passion for) TDD greatly welcome
Why work at SnapLogic besides the awesome technology and team?
- Experience in deploying application on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Superb proficiency in Python and familiarity with implementing distributed, highly-available architectures
- Experience working with NoSQL database technologies
- 3+ years experience with networking protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, firewalls, proxies, DNS etc.)
- Linux experience both as a user/developer (bonus point for basic sysadmin skills)
- A self-starter with great organization and communication skills
Interested candidates should send a resume to Tiffany Nguyen at email@example.com .
- We provide a culture that encourages different perspectives and new ways of thinking toward a common, aligned goal and shared vision.
- We have an open and respectable culture where you can make a difference and be recognized for a job well done instead of dealing with bureaucracy or politics.
- We love to have fun!
- We have weekly "Snappy Hours" every Fridays beginning at 4pm at our local pub or wine bar.
- Free delicious lunch twice a week - and it's more than your average pizza.
- Our gym membership allowance will help you break that sweat at one of the nearby gyms.
- Friendly, low maintenance pets are generally welcomed
- And, nerf gun battles are encouraged!
SnapLogic, Inc. - 19 months ago