We are looking for a talented, self-driven individual to help take the take the dashboard for our breakthrough Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) product to the next level. If you are passionate about building applications that give the best user experience (providing real value to them as well), and if you excel in a start-up environment where your contributions will make an immediate difference--then this is the place for you. A person interested in this job should be technically smart, communicate well in a team, and have the desire to learn new things. And, above all, you should want to have lots of fun too!
- Understand business requirements and identify solutions
- Participate in technical discussions
- Deliver high-quality production software on schedule
- Full life-cycle development from inception, development, testing to deployment
- Integration with other components
- Interface with product management and QA
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Be part of a small and lean team with a strong focus on delivering results
- Maintain a strong customer focus
- Previous experience building large-scale, distributed, mission-critical applications
- 18+ months experience in Ruby on Rails
- A track record of delivered professional Rails applications
- Experience with any or all of the following is highly desirable: Java, big data applications, databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), service-oriented architectures, REST, MIME, JSON, web and email security.
- Scrum/Agile development methodology a plus
- Quick learner and excellent team player
- Desire to learn new things
- Not shy to pitch/discuss ideas to peers
- BSCS or equivalent
Proofpoint is a pioneering security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving...