Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst, startup accelerator, and software development consultancy. A collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We create, advise, and develop technology for iconic companies building the future of digital life. We practice agile development, take pride in a collaborative culture, and swing for home runs. We focus on shipping products that are commercially exciting or socially essential, and practice an end-to-end approach, carrying each concept from ideation to production to market launch and beyond.
We are looking for talented rails engineers to join our core team in Vancouver, Canada or San Francisco, CA, working full-time on large-scale rails-driven backends powering applications on web and mobile. We have multiple, very different, opportunities available. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a small and fast-paced team, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible with code. We're looking for talented engineers who love Ruby and Rails and are comfortable building and maintaining large applications with exceptional reliability and UX. We want you to be challenged, rewarded, and empowered. To work on products that millions of people will love to use, products that make the world safer, more efficient.
Real Artists Ship. We live by that motto, and love to hire folks with a demonstrated record of curiosity and resourcefulness - often manifested through the building of products. Key skills required:
- 5+ years overall experience as a software developer, preferably on scalable, data-driven, distributed web applications with high throuput and low latency
- 1+ years of Ruby on Rails experience (or great aptitude)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, coding, debugging, and testing patterns.
- Commitment to agile software development methodologies including TDD, pair-programming, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Awesome human
- Ecommerce expertise
- Mobile / iOS familiarity
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3)
- Frontend engineering expertise
- Familiarity with Node.js, MVC frameworks
- Previous start-up experience
- Creator or contributor to an open source project
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
Our perks are always evolving, and all employees share equally with senior management. We provide full life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care benefits. The team receives quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.
Axiom Zen runs on a dual model: we drive healthy revenue but also invest in R&D for the future. Between our stock options and equity ownership plans and our contributions to traditional retirement programs, you can rest easy that a career with us is well rewarded. We are also very keen on supporting intellectual growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs as appropriate for long-term employees.
Axiom Zen - 12 months ago