- The job position resides in the Vehicle Software Systems (VSS) Department which reports to the Mission Design Product Delivery Team.
- This job position is required to perform total software product lifecycle development and to engage in software maintenance activities of existing software products in support of Vehicle Software Systems business operations and execution.
- The engineer designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software and systems.
- The engineer determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and integrates the product within the VSS mission support environment.
Note: If candidate is selected for further screening, candidate must supply an unofficial college transcript upon the request of ULA (cumulative GPA and degree from current or most recent college must be validated). If a candidate is extended an offer and accepts the offer, ULA must receive an official college transcript from the college Registrar department validating the cumulative GPA and degree granted before the candidate starts at ULA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science from a traditional college or university vs. online degree programs.
- This is an entry level position; candidates must have completed their degree between May 2010 and June 2012.
- Candidate must have a cumulative GPA of 2.90 or greater on a 4.00 scale (no rounding) in the most current or completed degree plan.
- Experience with software programming.
- Experience with Word, Excel and Power Point
Apply Online at:
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working independently and in a team environment
- Experience coding in UNIX environments and Windows environments
- Introductory understanding of C++, Java, Perl and Python
- Experience with Object Oriented Design
- Introductory understanding of relational database design, SQL, and PL/SQL
United Launch Alliance offers challenging work in all facets of the launch vehicle business for interns, recent college graduates and experienced professionals, including engineering, business support and skilled trades and crafts. Use the link to the right to explore the possibilities. Formed in December 2006, ULA brings together two of the launch industry’s most experienced and successful teams – Atlas and Delta – to provide reliable, cost-efficient space launch services for the U.S. government. Our Atlas and Delta rockets launch a variety of payloads into space including weather, telecommunications, exploratory and national security satellites that protect and improve life on Earth and further our knowledge of the universe.
ULA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program.
Naturejobs.com - 17 months ago