Why Quintiles? A career at Quintiles puts you at the corporate center of the leading worldwide pharmaceutical services organization. Quintiles has made the Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT" in 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012. Quintiles IT is the leading company for the pharmaceutical industry on the 2011 "InformationWeek 500" . In 2011 AND 2012 Quintiles was also listed in the top 25 for multinationals by the Great Place to Work Institute!
If you want to work for a global, fast-paced organization dedicated to improving the development and marketing of medicines, Quintiles is the place for you. We are seeking dynamic, highly motivated and results focused individuals that take an innovative and consultative approach to driving and achieving success. Apply now for our Software Engineer position located in our Indianapolis office as part of our Vantage partnership and aligned to Quintiles IT internally.
Under direct supervision, assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems. Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurately estimates the magnitude and time requirements to complete small tasks such as bug fixes, minor enhancements, etc. Provides accurate and timely updates to project manager and/or team lead on progress.
- Assist in defining deliverables, costs and benefits and ROI.
- Writes designs for small projects (e.g. bug fixes, or minor enhancements, etc).
- Codes bug fixes and minor enhancements with minimal guidance.
- Codes portions of major enhancements from existing designs with some guidance from other team members.
- Designs, writes, and performs unit testing of changes including development of test plans with some guidance from other team members.
- Assists in the creation of the design specification and other technical documents to a high standard to enable the discussion of the specification with the user community.
- Works with the documentation team to assure new functionality is properly documented.
- Serves as level 4 support, troubleshooting problems, providing workarounds and producing patches for customers as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: VB.Net , C#, ASP.Net , Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .Net, PeopleTools, Java (based on specific position).
- RDBMS system (proficiency in one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- SQL – basic skills
- XML – familiarity
- System Lifecycle Methodology experience with Computer Systems Validation preferred
- Possess good communication skills
- Possess programming experience in industry standard IDE
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...