Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work on large scale data warehousing initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of high performance software applications, and must be able to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems. Engineering skills, judgment, and experience will be applied to ensure product innovation, quality, and that project schedules are met. The selected candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented environment. This position will provide vision, leadership and strategy as well as actively participate in the design, implementation and subsequent operations.
- Develop new software applications and support existing software applications
- Develop program objects using PL/SQL, T-SQL, C, Shell scripting (Unix & Linux)
- Analyze business system requirements and design technical solutions based on those requirements
- Provide back-up DBA services (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) including logical/physical design, tuning, backup, recovery, allocations, and security
- Conduct application and database tuning including: code optimizations, indexing, partitioning/sub-partitioning, etc.
- Apply standard structures and practices to produce robust and effective applications centering around configurability and reusability
- Participate in and conduct code reviews
- Develop unit test data and unit test plans
- Knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle
- Define, design and implement data processing streams beginning with numerous raw data sources and ending with a highly tuned data warehouse
- Routinely work against very large data volumes and/or complex datasets in Oracle
- Prepare documentation including: functional specifications, technical specifications, user guides, installation guides, etc.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of experience in systems analysis and programming, addressing unique issues of architecture and data management
- Knowledge and experience of all aspects of the software development process
- Minimum 3 years experience with C and C++
- Minimum 3 years experience with Open VMS
- Working knowledge of Fortran. Experience preferred
- Experience with Unix and Oracle desired
- Advanced technical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to function within a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills