Infinite Campus Company Overview
Infinite Campus is a comprehensive, web-based K12 student information system with real-time access to special education, instruction, curriculum, assessment, state reporting and data warehousing functionality. For more than a decade, Infinite Campus has successfully implemented its solutions for customers of all sizes.
The Software Engineer I’s role is to analyze, develop, test and support applications used by the business to support enterprise-wide needs. This includes researching, performing impact change analysis, providing work estimates, documenting and maintaining software changes.
- Develop software following prescribed designs to meet business requirements
- Perform unit and integration testing, participate in design and code reviews
- Manage deployment packages and application changes
- Address issues related to system stability, scalability, performance and security
- Provide time estimates and accurately track time for assigned tasks
- Handle application support requests, escalating to internal subject matter experts when necessary
- Help administer applications, making configuration and permission changes
- Create and maintain documentation for applications/systems
- Collaborative, motivated, and self-directed with a strong preference to work in a team environment yet able to work on projects independently as needed
- Organized and goal oriented with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Understands when and how to escalate issues or ask questions
- Ability to master a solid understanding of the company’s architecture and business goals
- Analytical and detail oriented with good technical problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Adheres to best practices as defined by the company and by generally understood industry standards.
- Keeps up with emerging software development standards and applies such standards to work
*If position performs job responsibilities directly for the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) contracts, employee is required to pass a specified background screening; meeting the requirements of the BIE.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-2 years of software development experience
- Experience with web technologies and libraries including Java Servlets, JSPs, Spring Framework, Struts 2 and jQuery
- Experience with a relational database (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.) and accessing it from a web application
- Understanding of software development life cycles and methodologies
- Experience with issue tracking tools (Atlassian JIRA) a plus
- Experience administering and configuring web application servers including Tomcat and Apache HTTP running on Linux a plus
- Experience developing using IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA), version control systems (Git) and build automation tools (Maven) a plus