Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer I to work on our development team that produces a software analytics tool for Casino Slots Managers in the exciting Gaming industry. The successful candidate should have extensive knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Silverlight. This position will work closely with a small and dynamic development team to assure our clients are using a world-class analytics tool that helps casinos maximize win and improve patron experience.
- Develop Silverlight and ASP.Net applications using C# with tight integration with MSSQL and SSAS.
- Design database objects, tune queries, and be a major contributor to the overall database architecture.
- Participate in the day-to-day creative decision making about the future of our core applications
- Make significant enhancements to our base application and provide customized client specific solutions
- Analyze business systems requirements and design technical solutions based on those requirements
- Research, design and documentation of custom solutions for client requests
- Design, document and program both products and custom solutions
- Assist in development of test scripts, product builds and installation programs
- Support of existing programs and modules from both debugging and enhancement perspectives
- Participate in code reviews and extensive unit testing
- Writing technical documents as part of established methodology
- Write functional and technical specification documents
- Must enjoy the challenges and rewards of an interactive small group setting with a growing client base
- Four-year degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum three years of experience in systems analysis and programming, addressing unique issues of architecture and data management
- Familiarity or experience with ASP.Net, C# and web services a must. Working knowledge of HTML5 a big plus.
- Experience with Silverlight and LINQ is highly desired.
- to SQL and TSQL a must. Experience writing MDX queries a plus.
Knowledge of all aspects of the software development process
Understanding of Multi-tiered application development/deployment as it relates to the Internet
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, on multiple tasks
- Strong planning, communication and technical skills
- Understands complex and advanced database concepts
- Proactive and preventive in problem solving
- Design, implement and support SQL Server databases