Since 1963, Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA), has been an international leader in analytical software and information-based systems. With 850 employees and over 40 years of continual growth, MSA specializes in data management and data warehousing, business analysis, media services, and custom workflow integration and software. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, MSA also has offices in New York; Atlanta; High Point, NC; China; United Kingdom; and Malaysia.
Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to lead in the creation a new version of a product that is being built from the ground up while allowing for clients with the older version to easily migrate to the new one. The successful candidate must have knowledge and experience with large-scale OLTP from multiple perspectives: database, compute, information, performance, storage, network, process, flow, integration, security and application.
- Engineering new applications and enhancing existing applications in the C#.NET with tight integrated with database technologies
- Engineer quality, high performance applications based on Functional Specs. Takes ownership and pride in the quality of work being produced.
- Independently work on all SDLC phases
- Work closely and proactively with managers, engineers, tech leads and architects.
- Research third-party technologies to determine upgrade/migration paths and impacts on current frameworks
- Research and create OO controls for consumption internally and by clients
As an international industry leader, we can offer you an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and an incredible benefits package including:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- Profit Sharing & Savings Plan (401K with matching funds)
- On-site massages
- A Floating Holiday in addition to Vacation and Eight Paid Holidays
- Free Parking
- Cash Bonuses paid for employee referrals
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans, and Short and Long Term Disability
MSA requests that you apply for this position through our web site to ensures efficient processing of your application. Submitting a resume by email, mail, fax or through the apply button on a resume web site will cause relevant information to be missed. Please use the following link to apply:
Your interest in our company is appreciated however, only candidates considered for interview selection will be notified.
Must Provide Base Salary Requirements Or Salary History For Further Consideration
- Requires a four-year degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience in systems analysis and programming, addressing unique issues of architecture and data management
- Experience in developing data entry intensive web based applications.
- Development experience with C#, MVC 3/4, Entity Framework and SQL Server required. Experience with Java highly desired.
- Skilled at writing stored procedures and optimizing SQL
- Experience with Reporting Services 2008, WCF, HTML 5, Ajax, creating and consuming web services
- Experience with performance tuning and optimizing code to get the best performance from the web app
- Experience with web apps for mobile and tablets devices a major plus
- Experience with build automation and Coded UI testing automation a plus
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Ability to influence and manage change
Pittsburgh Career Connector - 19 months ago