Logic PD is seeking a Software Engineer II for the Carlsbad, CA location. This position defines product requirements, translates requirements to implementable architectures, designs and implements software on a variety of embedded and desktop platforms, and ensures the end product is optimized for manufacturability.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with other engineering leaders from multiple disciplines to help define product requirements
• Translate product requirements into implementable architectures
• Design and develop software for 8, 16, and 32-bit processor platforms
• Develop software in assembly language, C, C++, C#, Java and other languages
• Design and develop software for bare metal, RTOS, Linux, WinCE and Windows platforms.
• Ensure the end product is readily testable and optimized for manufacturing
• Mentor other engineers as they work through day-to-day technical challenges
• Assist in preparing proposal documentation and integrate into customer specifications
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years experience developing software for embedded processor platforms
• Experience with embedded systems/microprocessor based design
• Experience with all aspects of product design including: requirements documentation, system architecture, design for manufacturing/design for test, design verification
• Experience working in teams including engineers from multiple engineering disciplines
• Experience with MS Office products including MS Project
• Ability to work with both internal and external (customer) resources
• Ability to analyze customer requirements for feasibility, cost and development timeline
• Strong communication skills including the ability to write technical specifications and design documentation, create and author templates for engineering documents, create project proposals with technical details, present verbally in one-on-one or group settings
• Experience with application software methodologies including OOA/OOD and Design Patterns
• Experience with CPU functions such as L1/L2 cache, MMU, power states, bus arbiters & multiplexers, interrupts, and DMA
• Experience coding for embedded peripherals including Ethernet, USB, I2C, CAN, Flash, SPI
• Experience using Logic analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and JTAG debuggers is highly desirable
• Experience with ARM, PowerPC, ColdFire and x86 processor cores is preferred is highly desirable.
• Experience with embedded Linux, Windows CE and RTOSs at the application, device-driver and board support package level is high desirable
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with quickly changing priorities to ensure superior customer satisfaction
Generous salary with bonus and full benefits package including a n environment that supports employees as they take on new challenges and celebrates their successes. In addition to offering a competitive salary and bonus opportunities, Logic PD offers an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and medical, dental and vision.
Logic PD - 23 months ago