The engineers primary responsibility is to design, develop and maintain application software for robot assisted surgery products. The engineer works closely with peers in software engineering and project and product management. In developing software that meets the specified requirements. Following defined design practices and the use of sound software engineering principles, the engineer ensures that the application software products are safe, robust and user friendly. Work under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects.
- Work as part of a team using established company practices for Agile Software Development.
- Maintain existing code and develop new code in Tcl/Tk for surgical applications.
- Follow company standards for code documentation
- Participate in software planning and estimating activities.
- Work with other departments in identifying root causes of problems and potential solutions.
- Ensure the integrity and security of company intellectual property and confidential data.
- Comply with ongoing training requirements.
- Attend and support cadaver labs.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
- Graduate degree or at least two years of industry experience with professional software development.
- Proficiency in 3D geometry and computer graphics.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Tcl/Tk or other scripting language highly desired.
- Linux or Unix-based software development skills highly desired.
- Experience with C language development a plus.