AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics, is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 90 countries. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
AIR's growing Software Development Group delivers enterprise-grade products which provide customers in insurance, reinsurance, and financial industries with data and analytics used for assessment and management of risk from natural and man-made catastrophes. To learn more about AIR, please, go to our web site at www.air-worldwide.com.
You will join specialized team that has ownership of core analytical module underlying AIR products and services. In this position, utilizing the latest Microsoft technologies and development platform, you will apply your inventiveness and engineering skillset to design and develop AIR’s next generation modeling framework with central emphasis on high performance and scalability.
- Translate business requirements into engineering specifications and system design
- Conduct technological feasibility research and develop proof-of-concepts to validate and compare proposed design alternatives
- Implement components of new HPC-based analytical framework, algorithms, and tooling (using C++, C#, SQL, and CUDA)
- Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes
- Provide work estimates and contribute to project planning and development of schedules
- 10+ years’ experience developing Windows-based commercial software products & services based on N-tiered high performance distributed and parallel computing architectures.
- Ability to architect, design, and implement high performant analytical software components using C++, C#, SQL, and best practices.
- Minimum 9 years in commercial-grade software development, specializing in backend business logic, frameworks, scalability and performance aspects of the system
- Minimum 5 years developing Windows applications using C++
- Minimum 3 years developing applications on .Net platform using C# (or Managed C++)
- Creativity, strong problem solving and analytical reasoning skills
- Must have the following technical expertise
- Proven skills in OOP/SOA architecture, design, and best-practices
- Strong knowledge of C++ and Windows internals
- Experience in C# and strong knowledge of core functionality in .Net Framework
- Multi-threading on Windows platform
- SQL Server™, programming with T-SQL and Microsoft data access technologies
- Knowledge of code analysis and performance-tuning tools
Experience with the following is a plus
- Background in math, high-performance computational programming, optimizations, and distributed cluster/grid-based parallel computing
- GPGPU/CUDA programming and performance tuning
- Declarative rules-based software systems
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- B.S. in CS. M.S. Preferred
ISO Family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Air Worldwide - 20 months ago
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...