Job is located in Nashville, TN.
This position can work remotely from any US location.
• Uses data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and identify the right data to be analyzed from internal and external sources, then constructs software systems to solve a variety of business problems.
• Assists business analysts with finding patterns and relationships in data.
• Requires experience in relational database structures.
• Proficient in working with large-scale business data sets.
• Fluent in scripting and rapid prototyping skills including expertise in HTML5.
• Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications, including software infrastructure and development tools for current systems and applications
• Supports and/or installs software applications, infrastructure and development tools
• Participates in the testing process through unit testing and analysis of software
• Translates high-level requirements into detailed technical designs, and leads design sessions and code walkthrough
• Provides technical estimates on a regular basis for assigned programming tasks; improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
• publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Assist in component and data architecture design, software, production evaluation and build recommendations
• Lead program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation; under general supervision, instruct, direct and validate other software engineers work; mentor and guide other team members
• Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces and hardware logic (possibly running on multiple platforms) integrate to meet new and emerging enterprise requirements
• Develops efficient methods to reuse existing components
• Responsible for the research and review of complex customer support issues which are escalated to the team
• Advises appropriate internal and external customers of implications of new or revised systems
• Formulates and defines specifications for complex software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Responsible for system design, testing, debugging, and documentation. Requires full technical knowledge of all phases of software systems programming applications.
• Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
• Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration.
Requires 5-7 years of related experience.
Experience creating visualizations in HTML5 required.
Experience with visualization toolkits, such as D3.js, chart.js, Raphael, HighCharts, InfoVis, or similar is required.
Experience with Tableau and/or IBM Cognos/TCR or similar BI tool is advantageous
CareerBuilder - 5 months ago
Emdeon is a leading provider of revenue and payment cycle management and clinical information exchange solutions, connecting payers,...