Description: Position Summary:
Granite has an immediate need for a Software Engineer Level III to work on development projects for our fast growing organization. We are looking for developers preferably with experience in object-oriented software design, delivery and support for web-based applications and services. This individual will be responsible for contributing to the design and coding of business solutions for order management, account management, workflow and many other business functions. This position offers a talented developer a chance to work with the latest development tools and have a major impact on the fastest growing company in the telecommunications industry!
The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently or as a team member. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly. This is a growing company where you will be able to have a significant impact on our internal processes and get a chance to add directly to the goals of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and coding of our next generation web based Enterprise Solution. Our internal applications are used by our 900+ employees to manage our business and drive our success. The platform for this new initiative is ASP.NET (4.0) backed by the power of C# and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Work with our Development Team and Business Analysts as we implement Microsoft Team Foundation Server and develop a full SDLC framework.
- Assist in the maintenance of our existing applications. This work will diminish as we develop and implement our next generation code.
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancements of our back end processing which is written in VB.NET and C#. These applications run on our servers and provide the backbone for our systems.
- Participate and contribute to ad-hoc development projects as they arise
- 5 -7 years of software development
- Knowledge of OOP Concepts and Component Design
- Ability to generate specs and related unit test plans
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills
- Experience with object-oriented design using CASE tools a plus
- Knowledge of .NET Technologies (ASP.NET, MVC, VB.NET, C#, WCF)
- Knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience with enterprise business solutions
- Experience with telecommunications/telephone business and/or order management applications
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled...