The software engineer has direct involvement in the main aspects of the software development lifecycle. The role involves close collaboration with the other groups in the company in order to deliver high quality solutions to our customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Design, implement, and test software, ensuring user stories are completed.
- Participate in and help drive architectural decisions, tool selections and technology reviews
- Participate actively in the design, code reviews, sprint planning, daily standups
- Share code and knowledge with development teams at other sites
- Participate in team-directed planning sessions for development iterations
- Prepare, utilize, and maintain unit tests to verify developed functionality
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years' experience developing applications in C#, .NET (3.5, 4.0, & 4.5), and Visual Studio
- Excellent analysis, design, and development skills
- Knowledge of design patterns and object-oriented design
- Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile development practices
- Experience debugging complex large-scale systems and applications on Windows platforms
- In-depth experience writing unit test using NUnit, Visual Studio, or equivalent
- Experience using Windows server technologies such as IIS, WAS, and Active Directory
- Experience in WCF, Web Services, REST, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for writing quality software
- Great accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of software development
- Experience with ASP, WPF, XAML, HTML5 and C++
- Knowledge of client-server protocols, architectural performance trade-offs of clusters, and fault tolerant systems
- Experience working with broadcast video a significant plus
- Experience working with other teams in different locales and time Zones a plus.
- Work well within a team-based agile environment.
As a Software Engineer you will work with Other SW, Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical, QA, and Manufacturing Test Engineers as well as Technical Writers and Product Marketing.
External Interactions :
This position may have opportunities to work with customer, and 3rd party vendors in understanding current video broadcasting needs and technologies. Interaction may be in-person or by phone.