Skills & Requirements
- Develop and test various parts of the VertiCloud PaaS:
- Data Management
- Developer Tools
- Management Tools
- User portals
- Develop APIs for customer/partner integration
- Work with Product Management to understand and implement features and customer-driven enhancements
- Collaborate with Research and Infrastructure Engineering to deliver high performance and reliable services.
We’re for looking people for some or all of these attributes:
- A desire to build great things
- Obsessive about great engineering
- Experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Excellent implementation skills (C++, Java, Ruby, Python).
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Understanding of Hadoop internals, Pig, Hive, and HBase
- Experience developing and extending modern build-chain tools, such as Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Understanding of schedulers, workload management, availability, scalability and distributed data platforms
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, particularly those that apply to a
Excellent written/oral communication skills
Currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science
VertiCloud - 2 years ago
VertiCloud is creating a purpose-built, enterprise-grade Big Data Platform-as-a-Service, based on Apache ™ Hadoop ®. In this role,...