Posting Job Title: Software Engineer Intern
Requisition #: 142533BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Internship Program offers students a work experience, which will create a bridge between their classroom knowledge and possible career choices. This opportunity will allow you to gain valuable professional experience within an industry leading company.
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Summer Intern for our Systems Engineering group. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The primary function of this position is to implement a software unit testing solution from beginning to end. The selected intern will install and configure a framework selected by the senior engineer and management. Additional tasks will include integrating the framework with the build system and writing simple tests to exercise an existing project. The intern will document the final solution and give a short presentation.
- Experience using Unix/Linux operating systems for software development
- Experience installing and configuring open source software development tools
- Experience developing software utilities in Perl, Ruby, or other similar scripting language
- Able to demonstrate basic software development skills including, designing solutions from written requirements, coding in Perl, Ruby, or similar language and basic packaging and documentation of the solution.
- Able to work independently, conducting research and formulate solutions with minimal direction
- Able to collaborate on a team gathering input and criticing designs
- Experience using virtual machines, testing frameworks (JUnit), build systems (obs, Hudson or Anthill), defect tracking systems (Jira, Bugzilla) is a plus
-Must plan to return to school the semester following internship (undergraduate or graduate)
-Open to students pursuing undergraduate, graduate or law school degrees.
-Must have permanent US work authorization.
-Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need.
-Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy.
-Required overall GPA 3.0
Education and Experience:
Must be currently enrolled in a degreed program in the Spring and Fall 2013 semesters to be eligible.
Our 10 week program begins June 3rd and ends August 9 th . This is a full time (40 hour work week) paid internship. Please note we do not provide housing.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...