Software Engineer Manager-Cloud Platforms #493
The Software Development Manager will lead the software development efforts on a new cloud-based platform that will support several different market verticals. The manager will be a key player in determining the technical direction for the highly scalable multi-tenant cloud platform technology components which include application code development, middleware development, database design, web services development, and associated cloud services.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related engineering field
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- 10 years or more of functional experience
- 4-6 years managerial experience
- Must have in-depth experience managing highly scalable multi-tenant cloud based product offerings
Technology Skills and Strengths
- Enterprise Operations / Architecture- Must have spent at least 10 years implementing, operating and managing large-scale, enterprise-wide, complex information technology initiatives, at both an infrastructure and an application level.
- Cloud Architecture-Technical knowledge of common cloud architecture, enabling components, and deployment platforms (such as JMS, Kafka, J2EE, Storm, Gearman, Infrastructure as a service, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service).
- Cloud Platforms- Technical knowledge of distributed processing solutions such as Hadoop, distributed storage solutions such as Cassandra, real-time and post analytics processing architectures, application server platforms, clustered infrastructures, and distributed queuing technologies such as JMS or Kafka.
- Software Development- Minimum of 3 years-experience with Enterprise Java (J2EE or Spring, Hibernate) or .NET architectures. Minimum of 3 years-experience with object oriented programming languages (Java, C#). Any other relevant languages (Groovy/Grails, Python, RoR) is a plus
- Web Services- Familiar with one or more of the following web services: JSON-RPC, JSON-WSP, Web Services Description Language (WSDL), REST, RPC, or XML
- Performance Tuning- Minimum of 5 years-experience with performance and scalability tuning of high-volume websites/applications. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with Parallel and Grid Computing Technologies.
- Must be proficient in analyzing highly complex issues and significantly improve, change or adapt existing techniques, methods, processes and/or systems to provide the best technology platform to meet the technical and business requirements and architectural vision.
- Comprehensive understanding of the organization and local market. Proactively identifies and addresses changing technical and business requirements.
- Must have proven experience in building and leading globally disperse cross functional teams from the ground-up in a fast paced agile development organization.
sologig - 30+ days ago