The essential job functions for this position are those of SQL and script developer with an understanding of SQL Developer and Cognos 8 - 10. Possessing a strong understanding of data relationships, universes and/or the Imagery Requirements Structure is required. Possess strong communications skills to represent COGNOS team with Government Customer.
Position is full-time, on-site at customer’s facility.
The duties and qualifications for this position are:
- Develop SQL statements in support of the Government Customer using the Cognos BI Suite.
- Develop and maintain engineering level scripts to transform data or files, extract metrics, and as required to support engineering level interfaces.
- Create and modify BI reports and queries in support of the S Directorate’s Metrics Dashboard.
- Independently resolve trouble calls and problem reports and report status in the Remedy system.
- Interact with Government Customer, to include requirements gathering, status reporting, and representing the COGNOS team to the customer.
- Represent the Government Customer at various metrics related meetings.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
In addition, candidates should have at least two years demonstrated experience working ORACLE SQL, at least, at an intermediate level. Additionally, the candidate must meet
of the following requirements:
- Three years demonstrated experience developing in any of the following languages: JAVA, C, C#, C++, XML, HTML, VB, VBA
- Two years demonstrated experience in Cognos (or similar BI tools) and report development.
- Two years demonstrated experience developing VB scripts.
- Two years demonstrated experience working in an enterprise web application/development environment.
- Two years demonstrated experience working with Coldfusion.
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...