1. Current experience and intermediate-to-expert level understanding and application of software engineering processes for requirements analysis, development, sustainment, integration and test, and configuration management.
2. Intermediate-to-expert level understanding and experience with implementation languages (Java, C++, collaboration development), and equivalent tools and host/target environments (IDEs, SCM; Windows, Linux).
3. Strong collaborative teamwork, problem-solving, and written/verbal communications skills; proactive approach to personal and team bandwidth and workload management; ownership of and commitment to task completion within allocated cost and schedule objectives; and willing to work aggressively to achieve demanding task and development schedules.
4. Applicant must have an active Secret clearance and the ability to acquire TS/SCI.
1. Intermediate-to-expert level experience with the JETSS development and operational environment tool suites: MS Office products, XML, SQL, IDEs (Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer/Developer, and Eclipse), SCM (ClearCase, ClearQuest), Virtual Processing Environment Products (Hyper-V, ESX), Operating Systems (Windows, Linux: Red Hat and SUSE), and host/target environment system operation/administration.
2. Intermediate-to-expert level understanding and experience with network and telecommunication engineering, design, development, integration, and testing.
3. Entry-to-intermediate level understanding of Space Vehicle operations and collaboration tools.
Specific Job Description
Selected candidate will perform software engineering development, sustainment, and integration and test related tasks for the JETSS program (MARS ledger). Tasks include trade studies, requirements analysis, functional and performance analysis, problem analysis, software design, software implementation and test, software and system integration, documentation development, and process and process artifact application in support of all tasks/products. Additional tasks will include organizational support as well as support to other disciplines. Successful candidate must be capable of functioning both within a team and as an individual contributor. Employee will be responsible for task performance within allocated cost and schedule objectives, and proactive issue and risk identification. Selected candidate will also be required to provide inputs for the development of estimates and schedules. Assignments will require the ability to work closely with customers and other contractors.
Standard Job Description
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS9998 IS&GS-DEFENSE (S0807)
Info Systems & Global Sol
WBV3:Defense_COS S Mgr 15_18
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...