Job Order #: 3650797-31939-5312
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Length: 1 Year
Rate: Market (W2 only, no agencies or 3rd parties please)
- We're seeking a Software Engineer with a background in end to end application engineering to work in our fast paced and dynamic environment supporting Client's Norton Live Services business.
- You will have the chance to become a key member of the team enabling the Client services business to grow and expand its global PC service offerings.
- You must be able to provide written design documents, functional specifications, and be familiar with unit testing in multiple langauges.
- You must be passionate and driven to deliver best in class solutions that will drive the business into the future.
- You must be comfortable developing in several languages and willing to pick up new technologies.
- You must be able to work in a Devops environment that requires all team members to take on any aspect of the development and delivery stack.
- 2+ years experience using .NET or Java to develop web based applications
- 2+ years experience developing desktop applications
- 1+ year experience with a dynamic language like Python- Experience working with remote team members and working remotely
- Experience with the following .NET technologies would be good: LINQ, ASP.NET MVC, MEF and MVVM.SKILLS
- Demonstrate good understanding of unit testing practices
- Good technical knowledge of current Internet systems software, protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, HTTP/S, XML, SOAP, Web Services and Service-Oriented Architectures
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex IT web solutions for customers through a disciplined Development Methodology that leveraged various roles (for example BSAs, Project Managers)
- Must have Object Oriented software design skill
- Excellent debugging techniques
- Full life cycle software development experience from conception to product delivery
- Sophisticated logical thinking and analytical skills
- Self-motivated. Can-do attitude.
- Good team player. Hardworking
- Ability to work and communicate well with the other members of the team
- Excellent communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Desire to use cutting edge technologies