To leverage our scale and drive efficiencies as we pursue new e-commerce opportunities, as a Sr. Software Engineer you ’ll have the opportunity to help define and implement components for the next-generation, global e-Commerce Platform. The candidate will be working together with the Architects, Engineering Managers, Business and Product management teams.
- Partner with Product management to help define road map.
- Create a close working relationship with the business to identify the pain points and provide better services.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to manage expectations
- Participates in technical initiatives with complex interdependencies, high impact to the department or organization.
- Participate in technical design review meetings
- Responsible for application/system dependencies and deliverables
- Excellent system analysis and design skills
- Solid hands-on technical understanding and grasp of various systems within eCommerce solutions
- 4+ years of experience with Java and various frameworks such as Spring.
- Experience working with Websphere/JBoss, application severs
- Have developed software for high volume transactional sites
- Knowledge of RDBMS, and ORM is a must
- Experience in similar roles at prominent Internet companies, with detailed knowledge about scaling issues and solutions
Minimum Educational Level:
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience with Retail ecommerce
- Experience with Hadoop based technologies (HBase, Hive, Mahout, Pig, ZooKeeper) is a definite plus
- Experience implementing service-oriented (SOA) architectures and web services
- Experience implementing content management systems
- Ability to work with business users, product managers, QA, Release, and UI and Platform Engineering
- teams to develop great e-commerce applications
- Supply chain expertise and experience in integrating to 3rd party logistics providers/Drop ship vendor
- Experience with one of the following: FAST, Endeca, Autonomy, SOLR, and/or Siderean
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
4+ years in overall software engineering design and development experience