Serve as a critical member of our sustaining engineering team
Work closely with project management and release leads to decompose feature requirements into work tasks and provide estimates around time/effort/risk associated with the tasks
Work closely with architects to understand the expectations and requirements for your implementation
Work closely with server-side engineers to appropriately instrument the model for ease and modularity of building interfaces on top of it
Work closely with Quality Assurance to determine the nature of customer issues and to recommend appropriate resolutions (including detailed, accurate estimates)
Work closely with Customer Support to ensure appropriate communication of status on customer issues and responsiveness regarding service release plans
Assist in the growth and development of the Engineering team by collaborating with other team members and sharing knowledge from your previous experiences
- Demonstrate proven ability to identify and resolve code-level problems
- Work closely with other members of the product organization to clarify and understand requirements, then implement to their fulfillment
- Write high-quality, modular, supportable code that can be easily modified and/or replaced as product needs evolve
- Ability to manage a diverse set of tasks across multiple areas of the product, and complete them as defined in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a firm grasp of computer science fundamentals and advanced concepts, including comfort in multi-threading and concurrent programming
- Desire to contribute outside your role and to grow in both experience and expertise
Working at BlueStripe
BlueStripe Software offers a competitive compensation package and benefits include medical/dental/vision coverage and a retirement savings plan.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the computer software industry
- Programming skills in Java. Other object-oriented languages a plus
- Knowledge of system administration of any major Unix or Windows platform
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems at a user level
- Basic understanding of complex, multi-tier applications and troubleshooting in those environments
- Familiarity with networking, protocols, and network troubleshooting
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to work with little supervision
BlueStripe Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel well-qualified for the position decribed, please send a resume to the hiring manager .
Careers , Open Positions , Software Engineer , Programmer
BlueStripe Software is dedicated to providing customers useful and fairly priced application management solutions, and our mission is to...