Bloom Health is actively seeking a passionate and experienced Software Engineer to join our team: this role is to be filled by someone who is enthusiastic about software development and who will establish themselves as a key contributor in a small, high-energy environment.
This position will be an important part of the design, development and management of our software applications. The Bloom Health software applications include consumer-facing websites, operations management applications and internal software systems.
- Work closely with other team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs
- Propose innovative design or alternative solutions to meet the technical requirements while ensuring that the solution remains flexible and scalable
- Collaborate with the broad development team to successfully implement the development processes, coding best practices and code reviews
- Keep abreast of new technology developments, and introduce new frameworks, toolkits and architectures
If you have any of these skills, it's a Bonus
- 2 to 5 years of professional software development experience and hands-on Java development
- Comfortable with dynamic languages like Groovy, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Interest in convention over configuration frameworks like Grails, Rails or Django
- Understanding of SQL and experience with one of the major database platforms (MySQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Interest in Linux and OS X operating systems
- Understanding of software engineering principles and practices, particularly object oriented design concepts
- Proven experience and practical knowledge of agile software development methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Why you should apply
- Experience with collaborative filtering systems and recommendation engines
- Prior search experience with products such as Lucene, Compass, Solr, Katta, or Ferret
- NoSQL background with frameworks like Redis, Hadoop/Hbase, MongoDB, CouchDB, Google App Engine
- Asynchronous messaging libraries/frameworks and messaging design patterns implemented on things like RabbitMQ (AMQP), ActiveMQ, JMS
Bloom makes an investment in its employees. From day one, employees are encouraged to develop their careers and Bloom supports this through hands on opportunities and enrichment activities. To get a feel for what it's like to work at Bloom, check out what its like to Work With Us .
Bloom Health is a company dedicated to helping employers and their employees find better health care, together. Using a defined contribution approach, Bloom Health helps employers determine how much to spend on health care, and then helps employees find the most suitable health insurance and health programs on which to spend their health care dollars.
Bloom Health, www.gobloomhealth.com, is in downtown Minneapolis.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Bloom Health - 2 years ago
Bloom Health is a technology-focused company dedicated to helping people take control of their health benefits. Using a defined...