Are you interested in what makes Cloud tick? Do you wake up every morning wondering why some companies just cant seem to deliver a service level worthy of what you'd expect? Do you love technology and love solving really hard technical problems and engineering at scale? If so, we would love to talk to you!! In everything we do, we believe that delivering service is the highest calling one can have in life. We believe in challenging the status quo on technical design, service, and delivery. We challenge it by making our services perform beautifully, by having the most technically adept staff, and by making every human or technological interaction as simple and as pleasant as possible for the customer. We just happen to provide hosting and cloud, and we are about to set the hosting world on fire.
Codero is a leading provider of Dedicated, Managed, and Cloud Hosting services. We offer a fun, challenging, and rewarding working environment and the opportunity to work with world-class talent to help you build a world-class career.
If you love technology and love making customers smile, then come join us! You will be part of a dynamic group working every day to provide each of our customers a fabulous hosting experience so that we can to turn each one into a raving Codero advocate!
Type of Positions: Software Engineer
Location: Austin, TX or Lenexa, KS
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
Codero Hosting is looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about Cloud technologies, to work with current team members to engineer and deploy the next generation of Cloud computing and hosting products at Codero.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Research, design and develop hosting and Cloud products.
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software.
- Maintain and support existing software and hardware systems, infrastructure and production.
- Automating deployments and integrating IRC and XMPP bots everywhere …
- Assist support staff and team members in trouble-shooting software issues and implementing bug fixes.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Expertise with deploying large-scale web applications and integrations with corporate infrastructure. 5+ years of experience with languages such as python, java, perl, and PHP.
- Expertise with virtualization technologies. 3+ years of experience with x86 virtualization with datacenter virtualization products like VMWare ESX, Citrix XenServer and KVM
- Experience with VM management/orchestration. 2+ years of programming/scripting experience with one or more of the management stacks such as vCloud, Eucalyptus, CloudStack, OpenStack
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a Linux development environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with Microsoft Windows and Windows related software.
- Proven experience in server-side programming on the business logic tier and on the data tier.
- Proven experience with databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL, SQL Server, and Oracle a plus).
- Experience in NoSQL databases like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra and Amazon SimpleDB
- Experience working as part of a large geographically-distributed team.
- Experience RESTful API design and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience with the following tooling:
CODERO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- AMQP queueing systems like Qpid and RabbitMQ
- Proven design and architecture skills.
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
Codero - 17 months ago