The Media Data Intelligence Software Engineer position is focused on the development and documentation of web-based applications used to process, store, summarize and report on CDN video-on-demand and linear broadcast data. This individual must have a strong background in object-oriented design and development as well as a working knowledge of both relational and columnar data storage mechanisms.
Key areas of knowledge include:
- Java Development
- Hadoop data storage and the Map/Reduce framework
- Java Frameworks such as GWT, Spring and Hibernate
- Performs problem solving to meet specifications or requirements.
- Create internal documentation pertinent to the developers area of responsibility. These may include contributions to design documentation, summary of unit testing observations, and product build notes.
- Code, test, debug, implement and document commercial applications and processes.
- Assist in resolving production support problems.
- Solves technical problems encountered in assigned areas.
- Assist in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results.
- Review and make suggestions to test plans to insure test coverage is appropriate for the products under test.
- Participate in routine quality activities such as code reviews.
- Remains abreast on industry technical trends and remain current with industry standards based on developers area of expertise.
- Must work independently on specifically designed tasks.
- Able to work in an Agile team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· BS, MS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, related engineering field or equivalent experience
- Firm grasp of object-oriented development principles and the practical application of the same.
- Working knowledge of SQL, as well as JDBC connectivity.
- In depth knowledge of Java application development targeted to deployment on Apache Tomcat.
- Experience implementing with common Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and GWT (Google Web Toolkit).
- Experience with Hadoop and coding in the Map/Reduce framework is strongly desired.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos, Business Objects or Tableau is a plus.
- Must be pro-active and meticulous in continuously identifying and resolving problems.
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostics and creative problem solving skills.
- Must have strong process skills and ability to identify inefficiencies.
- Must be capable of working well under pressure situations independently or on a team.
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational and analytical skills with solid ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and associated scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Bash) is beneficial.
Concurrent - 6 months ago
Concurrent Computer Corporation is a provider of computing technologies and software applications, and related services for the...