DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Arlington, Virginia.
DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is focused on developing and implementing advanced analytical algorithms for military and intelligence community applications. In particular, we are working on developing a solution to the problem of having too much unstructured data. Whether this data is in the form of unstructured text, imagery, video, or audio, we want to be able to allow analysts to find exactly what they need to solve their problem as quickly as possible. To support these efforts, we are seeking applicants with strong Java and web development skills to fill a full-time position as a Software Engineer .
Job Responsibilities :
Required Qualifications :
- Design, develop, and test components to transition our cutting edge algorithms into scalable enterprise-level software through distributed computing and optimization techniques. The components include GUI, database client, web service, and algorithmic software
- Execute standard software development activities including design, development, test, implementation, documentation, and support using standard established engineering principles
- Maintain an understanding of the current and emerging trends in Java and web development in order to recommend and implement improvements to the technologies employed at DAC
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience developing software solutions in Java
- Working knowledge of Java, EJB, servlets, and web services
- Working knowledge of enterprise databases (e.g., Mongo, MySQL)
- Experience with SCM tools such as Subversion and bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player who can effectively contribute to project development
- Eligible and willing to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- One to three years of experience desired
- Experience in implementing cloud computing technologies (e.g., Hadoop, MapReduce) to build extremely large scale applications and systems
- Experience with the Cloudbase database
- Active security clearance, ideally TS/SCI
DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation - 19 months ago
DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is an employee-owned company whose strategy is to be the most sought after source of superior technical...