Job Type: Permanent, Exempt, 40 hours per week
Department: Integration and Certification
Location: Lake Forest, California
Mobility: Some international travel may be required
Working under the integration manager, the software engineer is required to integrate games and applications into the hardware vendor’s platform. The incumbent will work in a united and animated team and interact with the development, software integration and quality assurance departments. More specifically, the job entails to:
- Update the source code with the library (framework)
- Adapt the resolution and game controls
- Add new features that are specific to each platform
- Ensure proper game functionality
- Meet customers and partners
- Support hardware manufacturer
- Research and development (look for new ways to improve performance on supported platforms)
- Carry out necessary adjustments based on advice from quality assurance.
Degree, required experience and knowledge (technical specifications):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- 1 year minimum experience in a similar position
- Ability to program in C/C++ and OOP
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of Shell Script
- Knowledge of compression (ZIP, GZIP) software and DOS Batch File.
Interests and generic skills (general criteria):
- High interest in video games
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of initiative
Since 1995, DTI Software, the world’s leading in-flight entertainment software and solutions provider, has taken the world’s best casual gaming brands to the skies. DTI develops and integrates cutting-edge entertainment software, owning over 90% of the worldwide in-flight games market, and supplying popular licensed in-flight games to the majority of the world’s airlines. The company has exclusive licensing agreements with the most popular entertainment brands to provide airline passengers around the globe with incomparable entertainment experiences from the comfort of their plane seats. DTI’s innovative solutions division, DTI Solutions, is the airline market’s leading developer of on-board applications allowing airline passengers to use their seat-back entertainment systems to access digital reading material, enjoy in-flight shopping or select their on-board meals. Whether passengers are looking to indulge in a game of chess, learn a language, enjoy their favourite casual game, or read, shop and purchase from their in-flight entertainment systems, travelers around the world can access the very best in-flight entertainment through DTI’s extensive product and solutions catalogue provided to over 100 airlines around the world.
DTI Software is wholly owned by Advanced Inflight Alliance AG.