The Senior Software Engineer is a senior technical member of the Sports and Entertainment Architecture Technology team with primary responsibility for architecting, development, and integration of companion applications.
- Work on strategic initiatives for the company brands
- Help set strategic technical direction and standards; focusing on the architecture and creation of platform capabilities for companion applications
- Implement new features, and coordinate with other teams - Deploy systems using Chef - Analyzing current architecture, propose improvements, and guide cross-department teams in implementing improvements
- Troubleshoot issues and resolve the root causes
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with leading large scale cross-disciplinary technology projects.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring. Knowledge of SOA and IOC.
- Extensive database experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, or MS SQL) required.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, Riak, Redis, or others) preferred.
- Development experience with data mapping (XSLT or others), caching strategies, and design patterns preferred. - Knowledge and demonstrated experience with state of the art software development process, tools, and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix / Linux systems, networking technologies, web development tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with the problems of scale engineering for large integrated systems.
- UNIX skills and concepts with in-depth knowledge of web applications, databases and caching.
- Familiarity with scaling issues of synchronous and asynchronous processes and systems.
- Familiarity with scaling issues of transactional and multithreaded processes and systems.
- Knowledge of JMS and queueing technology. Knowledge of Chef or other deployment systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Strong troubleshooting/resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance / mentoring / coaching to the team.
- Demonstrated ability to use the resources at your disposal to gather information, formulate solutions, circulate ideas to solicit peer input, determine the right solution and implement in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical project management for large-scale projects, interfacing with the overall project manager.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior through senior engineers in the best practices of API architecture
- Strong skills in critical thinking, problem solving and analysis. Thorough, efficient and detail-oriented. Takes initiative and is self-directed
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment with potentially conflicting priorities
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, able to balance multiple projects and tasks and complete them successfully within timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead both technical and non-technical discussions with both technical and non-technical end users.