Open to all levels, new grads encouraged to also apply*
Senior Software Engineer
Year after year, EMC's Data Domain continues to be the market leader in De-Duplication and is a part of the fastest growing division of EMC by a large margin. The division continues to innovate and expand its markets with all the support needed to execute on our goals. In line with our explosive growth and consistent profitability, we are always looking for passionate, top-talent to join our development team. This is an opportunity to innovate and ship products which directly impact our industry.
Working under direct supervision and following established practices, provide technical assistance to the development of solutions to a variety of software engineering problems of limited to moderate scope and complexity. Use judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to arrive at solutions. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solid understanding of Computer Science concepts (algorithms and data structures)
- Able to select and apply appropriate concepts to solve moderately complex problems
- Complete tasks & assignments with direction
- Follow standard engineering practices
- Communicates problems and roadblocks effectively to project leads and managers
- Contact is primarily with direct supervisor and other professionals in immediate work group or department.
- Knowledge of C programming language
- Knowledge of programming in a multi-threaded environment
- General knowledge and application of engineering concepts
- Experience with one or more contemporary Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, AIX, etc.)
- Communication skills
- Analytical ability
- Problem solving skills