Introducing Endless Mobile, access for the next billion.
Our mission is simple: we are connecting the unconnected. We want to change the world. And we are having fun doing it. We believe there is eloquence in simplicity. Strength in understatement. Brilliance in humility. If you are dedicated and passionate about making a difference, and to building something incredible, we should talk.
The Area: Engineering
We are building a team of all-star engineers. Yes, we are looking for people who can hack a Linux device driver. Yes, we want people with animation and application experience. But more important than specific capabilities, we are looking for traits. Our greatest requirement: you must be extraordinary. You must have an insatiable curiosity and a zen-like focus on intellectual challenges. We need people who get lost in a problem for hours and come out having created magic. We need clear communicators, people who can articulate complexity with clarity. We need people who believe that there is always a solution. And we need visionaries who can visualize the future and are hell bent on building it. If this resonates with you, we have a job for you.
The Role: Software Engineer
Does the idea of building your own window manager, custom webkit browser, photo application, or targeted ad server excite you? This person will build the engine behind our Linux interface. This will begin with creating a slick window and ﬁle manager, managing multiple open source applications, and developing an API for our own applications. You will be busy. Linux background and familiarity with Python is a plus.
Skills & Requirements
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with strong competencies in software architecture and design
- Proven experience with object-oriented software development in Python, Ruby, C++, and/or Java
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other top-tier engineers all over the world
- Experience creating or modifying desktop applications or mobile phone applications
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Proven experience with GUI development
- Significant knowledge of Linux, and experience with Ubuntu
- Experience creating APIs
- Configuration management (managing packages, installations, versions, etc. on a large scale)
- Experience creating secure systems and verifying their robustness
- Work experience on an agile development team
joelonsoftware - 20 months ago
We are developing a platform to give computers to the next billion people in the developing world - not by donating them or lowering costs -...