We're developing smartphone software for the developing world. The basic premise is this: Four billion people in the world do not have computers but do have mobile phones. We are launching a product that makes the smartphone even more powerful. There is so much potential trapped inside of these phones, and we have a way of unlocking that potential for the next billion.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with strong competencies in software architecture and design
- Proven experience with object-oriented software development in a high level language
- Strong core understanding of computer science concepts and lower level software
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other top-tier engineers all over the world
- Desire to make a difference in the developing world
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Proficiency with Linux command line, scripting, and package management
- Knowledge of Android and Linux kernels, drivers, and system software
- Familiarity with GPUs, the Linux graphics stack, and the GNOME platform
- Experience developing and contributing to open source software projects
- GUI application development for Linux, iOS, and/or Android
We are developing a platform to give computers to the next billion people in the developing world - not by donating them or lowering costs -...