The Analytical Product Engineering department is looking for a motivated Software Engineer to join the Portfolio Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for the underlying infrastructure layer that delivers client data to the Portfolio Analysis application, one of FactSet’s flagship products. |
The Portfolio Infrastructure team in Austin is responsible for products that range from front-end applications, such as Data Central and Quick Portfolio, to back-end infrastructures that include OFDB portfolio data storage, the Client Portfolio Data maintenance system, client usage, and OFDB related fql and screening code support. This team is also expanding into the realm of developing and supporting the infrastructure needed to make PA a performance system. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the full software development life-cycle of these products, from requirements analysis, design and implementation, to engineering testing and maintenance of the software. Integrating new enhancements and features, maintaining existing software and being available as a resource of expert knowledge in these products for other groups is an integral part of this team’s responsibilities. In addition, you will also work closely with product developers in the design, development and deployment process.
This is an exciting time to join our team in Austin as we work to grow and expand into new areas of responsibility and take on challenging new projects.
Job Requirements :
· BS in Computer Science
· Strong working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, programming principles and object-oriented and functional programming design methodologies
· Strong C++ and scripting skills (e.g. Perl, DCL, etc.)
· Willing to work on both front-end UI and back-end modules, as well as creating stand-alone utilities
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong technical and non-technical communication skills
· Self-motivated, proactive, independent and willing to explore new things
· Works well in a collaborative team environment
· Experience with Linux and/or VMS development environment
· Knowledge of the FactSet client environment
· Knowledge of FDB technology, and/or other database technologies
FactSet Research Systems is a major supplier of online integrated financial and economic information for analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers and other financial professionals. FactSet combines more than 200 databases into a single online information system that is a comprehensive, one-stop source of financial information and analytics.
FactSet, a leading provider of financial information and analytics, helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. In 2012, FactSet was ranked as one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the fourth time. With over $806 million in annual revenues, FactSet is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and employs over 5,700 people globally.
To find out more about the opportunities FactSet has to offer you, please visit us at http://www.factset.com/careers . FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
FactSet Research Systems - 13 months ago
Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers...