FactSet is looking for talented software engineers to join Analytical Product Engineering. This department is responsible for FactSet’s industry leading portfolio and fixed income products. These products assist investment professionals with making decisions, constructing and managing portfolios, measuring risk, and reporting performance. Engineering duties include the technical design, implementation and support of the applications, the analytics/calculations or the underlying data sets.
The FactSet Engineering team is composed of highly talented and motivated individuals, primarily selected from top-tier technical programs around the world. We believe this approach fosters the continual introduction of new technologies and ideas, which has been critical to our success. Our engineers believe that a key to their, and FactSet’s, success is creating a loose team environment in which everyone can contribute individually, yet at the same time cultivate a community where engineers can depend on each other for help, learning, and development.
Our management approach is to trust and expect the best. We believe in hands-off management and encourage developers to take initiative to complete projects, manage multiple tasks, and set their own individual day-to-day priorities. We also encourage creativity and innovation, since they benefit FactSet in the long run. In our friendly yet professional atmosphere, FactSet offers an excellent opportunity to grow and be a part of a successful team.
Job Requirements :
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in programming with C++ or an OOP language
- Desire to both design and implement superior knowledge
- Working knowledge of C
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Excellent understanding of OS, kernel and CPU architectures
- C/C++ generic programming, including STL, boost
- GUI and event-driven programming
- Working with, and managing, a large code base
- Programming in a multi-threaded, distributed environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- Interest in learning financial concepts
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical people
To find out more about the opportunities FactSet has to offer you, please visit us at http://www.factset.com/careers.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
FactSet Research Systems - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers global...