The Information Systems Department at FactSet designs and develops integrated web-based productivity tools and reporting systems that serve the operational and strategic needs of our rapidly growing business.
We are seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Senior Software Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position has good analytical skills and is a technical expert at developing products for the web. The position will require specialization in developing web workflow tools, specifically HR Systems, for the global employee base.
FactSet combines hundreds of databases into a single, powerful platform. It is a one-stop source for financial information and analytics for business analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers / management firms and other financial professionals to analyze companies, portfolios, markets & economies.
FactSet was formed in 1978 and operates out of 26 locations worldwide. FactSet, with over $760 million in annual revenues, is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and employs over 5800 people worldwide. Our operations extend within North America as well as Europe and the Pacific Rim. Since 1996, the Company has been publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDS.
Job Requirements :
- Ability to analyze business problems and efficiently design and develop software solutions to help solve those needs.
- Act at a Technical lead capacity for local and remote teams.
- Desire to learn about all aspects of the business.
We appreciate prior experience in any of:
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in web development.
- 1-2 years of Technical Lead experience is desirable.
- BS, B-Eng, B-Tech or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS design.
- Strong Knowledge of RDBMS querying (T-SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle).
- Experience with .Net Development (C#, VB, ASP.Net).
- Experience with MVC pattern is a plus.
- Distributed architectures (client server, multi-tiered)
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with team members and stakeholders at all levels of the company.
- Project Management experience will be plus.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
FactSet Research Systems - 2 years ago
Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers...