GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Responsible for the development of systems software within the P&L. Additionally, the position may develop distributed software applications for real-time critical motion control of subsystems.
• Work closely with systems teams in requirements gathering and software design
• Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
• Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware availability
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field or Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of technical experience in the software development or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 8 years progressive experience as an engineer or scientist within the appropriate field of study)
4 years experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products
Software development cycle or automated testing experience
Experience in object oriented design methodology and various programming languages, including C/C++ and Java
Working knowledge in configuration management tools
U.S. (Country) Specific Qualifications:
1. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
2. Must be willing to work in our [city, state] facility full-time
3. Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
4. Must be 18 years of age or older
5. Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
6. Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer field
2. Experience in software platform, advanced applications, user-interface design and/or systems engineering
3. Experience in platform and application development
4. Team leadership experience
5. Demonstrated knowledge of Quality, Tools and/or LEAN processes
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 10 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...