GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Serves as technical expert and leads the development of components (templates, elements, assets) for Hadoop based analytics Works with application and asset architects, business teams and content managers to understand requirements. Designs and implements code efforts for development and enhancements. Works with technical teams to ensure infrastructure and site design is optimized for the end user experience.
- Work with cross functional team developing Hadoop Mapreduce functions
- Stand up and manage Hadoop enviroment, potentially with Pig and Hive.
- Develop in both Linux, Hadoop and MS enviroments.
- Provide design and implementation for new functionality and enhancements.
- Conduct test of completed work prior to user acceptance testing phase
- Participate on teams for vendor package implementations & ongoing support and maintenance
- Provide participation to the business in analysis, data modeling, architecture and deployment
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and drive results
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 1-5 years of experience in Java or J2EE enterprise platform
- 1-5 years C/C++ programming
- Minimum 2 years of experience on Unix/Linux platform
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time, if applicable
- Self-motivated individual who is goal orientated, able to work with minimal supervision a key contributor to the team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to identify and resolve project issues quickly and effectively
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Pig, Hive
- Familiarity with MS development enviroment.
- Scripting language experience in either Python, PERL or Shell script
- Be able to work with global, distributed team
- Enthusiasm for taking responsibility and a passion for knowledge is highly desirable
- Demonstrated accountability & execution fulfillment
- Preferred location is Foxboro, MA, but can be located in the United States
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 22 months ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...