Gro Intelligence cultivates opportunities. We gather, aggregate and process data using proprietary algorithms to unlock crucial insights into weather patterns, trade flows, pricing dynamics and production. We provide our users actionable agricultural data to drive higher productivity and greater access to capital.
Our products decipher data through computational and visualization tools that enable financial institutions, corporations and the public sector to make more informed decisions.
Gro Intelligence is at an exciting time of hyper-growth with US headquarters in New York City and international headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
We are hiring an experienced Software Developer to join our US headquarters in New York Cit y, specifically to:
- Develop the framework for a real-time integration platform that pulls data from a variety of sources, including satellites, online databases, sensors and mobile phones.
- Bridge the gap between UX/Interaction Designers and back-end application development teams, working closely with each to develop UX flows and interactions and integrating them seamlessly with back-end application data.
- Work with Back-end Application Developers to develop appropriate web services to support the front end UI.
- Work with UX/Interaction Designers and Product Designers to develop and plan the roll-out of application features.
- Collaborate closely with the product team to roll-out world class products.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with databases, distributed systems, and machine learning is a plus.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, statistics, or related discipline, graduate degree is a plus. Individuals with equivalent work experience including a proven track record of creating systems to solve real-world problems will also be considered.
- Experience with UX-server interactions, caching, ETL processes, stateful data.
- Experience with data visualization (d3.js, leaflet.js, etc.).
- A passion for data and the ability to make sense of it.
- Ability to think outside the box and identify creative technical solutions.
- Innovator, or gets excited about innovation.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and diverse team.
Gro Intelligence - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard