Knoa Software engineers develop and innovate for a new generation of technologies for today's enterprise market.
With Knoa Software you can make a major contribution and impact enterprise users around the world. Today global companies are already adopting Knoa technology to fundamentally change their perspective on how the end user experience is managed. Our products include working on advanced algorithms in monitoring capabilities, scalability and real-time analysis solutions for large-scale applications in smart performance management solutions for enterprise application environments.
- A technologist who has an interest in a broad range of current technologies including databases, languages, architecture, patterns, methods (e.g. Agile) and frameworks.
- We look for the right balance of creativity and being practical. Sometimes you have to do it right the first time, other times you "make shift" and fix later. This takes wisdom and honest communications with your team.
- Must be able to collaborate with team members as well as Quantitative Analysts who have developed algorithms that you will be putting into production.
- A high degree of mathematical fluency is needed. You will be developing the algorithms and you will need to understand in order to code them. This could be demonstrated by a strong undergraduate study of math, on the job use of math, or application of math in your graduate studies.
Skills & Experience
- Develop enterprise-level infrastructure to mine and analyze large volumes of user-click stream data.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to prototype algorithms (drawing from Probabalistic Systems, Machine Learning, etc.) into scalable systems.
- Work in a fast-paced environment – rapid prototyping and upfront approach validation.
- Ability to communicate, and have fun, with team members.
- BS, MS in Computer Science/Engineering and or Math
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional end-to-end application development experience.
- Java/C are the primary languages used in production system; however, we often use the functional languages to create rapid prototypes.
- Technologies that we are using or will use in the near future, experience in any/all the following are huge pluses!
- Language: Java, C, Scala
- Prototyping: Mathematica, Processing
- UI Frameworks: Swing, Java 2d/OpenGL, GWT, HTML5
- Technologies: Redis, Hadoop, CUDA, OpenMP